Best Buy HOPE Fund - In Partnership with the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation
Para ver la aplicación en español, haga clic en el enlace “EN” en la parte superior derecha de esta página y seleccione "Español."
Pour visualiser l'application en français, cliquez sur le lien «EN» en haut à droite de cette page et sélectionnez «Français».
The Best Buy HOPE Fund was established to help employees who are facing a financial hardship due to an unforeseen personal hardship beyond their control.
Nothing is more important than the well-being of Best Buy employees, and when an unexpected hardship arises, Best Buy and the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation is here. Dating back to the early 2000’s, Best Buy’s Founder Richard “Dick” Schulze began and funded a companywide program to help employees during times of great hardship. Today, the family foundation of Mr. Schulze continues to fully fund an employee relief program for employees impacted by federally qualified disasters, and now additionally supports the HOPE Fund, in partnership with Best Buy. The Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation, Mr. Dick Schulze and his family hope all employees of Best Buy feel supported in their times of great need. Mr. Schulze believes the employees of Best Buy are the backbone of the company’s success, and his ongoing financial support of employees during times of suffering conveys his appreciation for all that those employees have meant to him personally and to the company.
Applications to the Fund are reviewed by the Minneapolis Foundation and will be treated in a confidential manner; however non-identifying statistical information will be reported to the employer on a periodic basis. Fully complete applications will be reviewed within five business days. Submitting an incomplete application will delay review. Employees are encouraged to keep a complete copy of the application for their personal records and to have on hand should we contact you with any questions.
Employee Eligibility: An employee of Best Buy or its subsidiaries may be eligible to receive assistance if they:
- Have at least one continuous year of service with Best Buy, including time on an approved leave of absence (not applicable for applications related to substance abuse)
- Are experiencing a financial hardship that falls within the qualifying categories as listed in the Best Buy HOPE Fund employee FAQs:
- Are applying for an incident that caused financial hardship within 150 days of the application date
- Have a combined household income of equal to or less than 500% of the US Federal Poverty Guidelines or 350% of the Canadian LICO Guidelines (not applicable for applications related to substance abuse)
- Can attest to or demonstrate that the financial hardship has not been reimbursed or otherwise remedied from
an insurance claim, an employee benefit program, a public benefit program or any other form of financial support
- Can demonstrate the financial hardship impacts the employee or the employee’s legal dependents directly
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions as you complete your application.